Interest Free Credit
Payment plans available
With Interest Free Credit you have the choice of spreading your payments over 6, 12, 24 or 36 months depending on the value of the item you have purchased.
|Term||Minimum Spend||Deposit||Minimum Credit Balance|
Typical Example (based on 24 months Interest Free Credit)
|Less deposit (minimum 15%)||
|Amount of credit||
|Payable by 24 monthly instalments of||
|Total amount payable||
This credit structure applies to items on our www.michaeljonesjeweller.co.uk website only. Items on our sister website michaeljonesjeweller.portfoliooffinediamonds.com can also be purchased with interest free credit but a different credit structure applies. Please click here for more details
How does Interest Free Credit Work?
- Interest Free Credit is available on all items with the following exceptions: - sale items, antique or second-hand items, gift cards and in conjunction with any other offers.
- To apply for Interest Free Credit, please firstly checkout from 'your basket', at this point please check the details of your purchase and then click proceed to purchase. If you have previously registered with us please sign in when prompted and you will find that your address details have been saved, please check this and amend if required. If you have not used our system before then please register with us and enter your invoice and delivery addresses when prompted, then click save addresses to proceed.
- At this point to apply for Interest Free Credit, select the Interest free credit option. Select how many months you would like to spread your payments, from 6, 12, 24, 36 months, payment and deposit terms vary depending on the value of the item, you will then be automatically directed to the next page.
- The next page should give you a detailed breakdown of your Interest Free Credit plan. You will then be directed to the Sage Pay site to pay a deposit, either 10%, 15% or 20% of the total purchase price of the goods depending on the length of credit terms requested.
- You will now be diverted to the application form for your Interest Free Credit plan. Enter all of the information that is applicable to you. Once the form as been completed and submitted, you will be given the option of either printing off the application form or request that the forms be sent to you in the post. You must sign these forms and submit them to Hitachi capital as described in the next step.
- BEFORE YOUR ORDER IS AUTHORISED FOR MICHAEL JONES JEWELLER TO DESPATCH, YOU HAVE TO SIGN AND SUBMIT THE FORMS TO:
- The finance company will process your application and once accepted, we will receive notification. We will only dispatch your order once we have received notification that your application has been successful.
If your application has been declined we will contact you regarding the deposit that you have paid in advance.
*PLEASE NOTE WHEN APPLYING TO USE THE INTEREST FREE CREDIT FACILITY TO PAY FOR AN ORDER, THE DELIVERY ADDRESS ENTERED MUST MATCH THE BILLING ADDRESS. IF A DIFFERENT DELIVERY ADDRESS IS USED THIS WILL RESULT IN THE INTEREST FREE CREDIT APPLICATION BEING CANCELLED.*
ReturnsPlease note when considering the purchase of goods using the Interest Free Credit facility, that we do not accept returns when items are purchased using this facility. This means that no refund or exchange can be given.
NOTE - FINANCE IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO UK RESIDENTS
When you buy online from shop.michaeljonesjeweller.co.uk you have the choice of applying for instant finance by adding your purchase to the shopping basket, selecting the option to PaybyFinance, and completing a finance application form. The whole process only takes a few minutes and is simple and secure. Once your finance application is approved, you will receive an e-mail advising you of how to download the finance agreement. Please read this carefully checking that all the details are correct, then print and sign both the finance agreement and Direct Debit Instruction. Post both forms to the address shown on the finance agreement. Following receipt of your finance agreement your goods will be dispatched as soon as possible.
shop.michaeljonesjeweller.co.uk are licensed credit brokers
Credit is subject to status and written quotations are available on request.
Applying for online finance
Applying for online finance couldn't be easier or more convenient. Once you've chosen the products you'd like to purchase, simply complete a brief on-line application form accessed via the 'checkout'. Just follow the simple instructions, entering your personal details as required and we'll do the rest.
Your questions answeredHere's some of the most commonly asked questions regarding online finance.
Once my application is approved, what happens next?Within minutes of your application being approved, you'll be sent via email, a link to your credit agreement, which can be easily downloaded. Once received, you'll need to read the agreement carefully, then sign and return it to our finance company at the address shown. Note that products will not be allocated to your order until your completed and signed agreement is returned and received by us.
Will you credit score me and if so, what does this mean?Credit scoring is the process used by financial services companies to evaluate the credit risk of new applicants. This technique will be applied to your application for online finance. Credit scoring works by awarding points for each answer given on the application form such as age, income and occupation, together with information obtained from credit reference agencies. This information allows us to produce consistent decisions, ensuring all our applicants are treated fairly. Credit scoring does not discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, religion, disability or colour.
If you decline my application, what is the reason?In addition to credit scoring, we also take into account confirmation of your identity, validation of certain application details, existing commitments and information held at the credit reference agencies. Though we are unable to provide you with a main reason for decline of your application, it is usually based on one, or a combination of the following:
- Your credit score (note that every finance company will score you differently)
- Adverse credit reference agency information
- You are considered to be overcommitted
- You are aged under 18
- Your existing account performance with other lenders
What type of information do credit reference agencies hold about me?Some of the information is public information, for example electoral roll, County Court Judgments and bankruptcies. Other lenders may also file information about accounts you hold with them for instance this could include your payment history and outstanding balance on these accounts. Any requests for credit, where a credit reference search has been undertaken, will also be filed, although the result of the request is not recorded.
How do I obtain a copy of this information?You should send a cheque for Â£2.50, made payable to the relevant company, together with details of all addresses at which you have lived over the last 6 years:
Consumer Help Desk Experian Limited PO Box 8000 Nottingham NG1 5GX
The above listed agencies will provide details of information relating via these addresses. If you believe that the information is incorrect, you can ask the agency to correct it.
If my application is not successful, can I re-apply?Yes. We acknowledge that your circumstances change and just because we have refused a previous application, it does not mean that we'll automatically turn down a further request. We do suggest however, that you leave at least 6 months between applications.
Who is eligible to apply for online finance?To apply for finance, you must be over the age of 18, work at least 16 hours a week, or be retired with an income. You must also be a resident of the United Kingdom and have lived in the UK for the last three years or more. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer online finance to residents of Eire. Homemakers aren't excluded from application under their own names; however we will require the employment details of your spouse in order to process your application.
Use Of Your Information
What we will do when you apply:
We will search your record at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and that of your 'financial associate' if you have one, i.e. a person with whom you have, or have had, joint personal financial arrangements such as joint accounts or have made joint credit applications. It may be your spouse or partner (not a business partner). We may also, in certain limited circumstances, check the record, including credit details, of other members of your family and, if you are a director or partner in a small business, we may also check on your business.
If you tell us that you have a financial associate, we will search link and record information about you both at credit reference agencies. You must be sure you have your financial associate's agreement to disclose their information.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, we will record this with fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We will use a scoring or other automated decision-making system to assess your application and to verify your identity.
How we will use your information you have provided
Whether or not we accept your application for credit, we may pass your personal information to members of our group of companies, or business partners, affiliates or other third parties, and to anyone who introduced you to us, who may use it to inform you by letter/telephone or by email about their products and services (which may not be financially related).
If you make an application for credit and do not want to be contacted in this way please write to us at Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance, 2 Apex View, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 9BH.
If we do not accept your application for credit, we may pass your personal information to another lender or broker which may accept your application. The other lender or broker may carry out its own searches at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
What we will also do when you have an agreement with us:
We will add to your record with the credit reference agencies details of your agreement with us, the payments you make under it, any default or failure to keep its terms and any change of name or address.
Account information given to credit reference agencies remains on file for 6 years after the account is closed, whether settled by you or upon default.
What the credit reference agencies will do:
Whether or not this application proceeds, the credit reference agency will place a record of our search on your credit file. This record (but not our name) will be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future. A large number of applications within a short period of time could affect your ability to obtain credit.
Whether or not this application proceeds, the agencies will link your records and those of your financial associate(s), including any previous and subsequent names. These links will remain on your and their files until you or they tell the agency you are no longer financially linked and the agency accepts this.
The agencies may supply us with credit information, such as previous applications, the conduct of accounts in your and your financial associate's name, any business accounts you have, fraud prevention information and public information such as County Court Judgments, bankruptcies and the Electoral Register.
How we and others use the agency information:
Some information held by the credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will be disclosed to us and other organisations to, for example:
- prevent fraud and money laundering, for example by checking details on applications for credit and credit-related or other facilities, proposals and claims for all types of insurance and job applications and employee records;
- recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts;
- manage credit accounts and other facilities;
- verify your identity;
- make decisions on credit, insurance and other facilities, about you, your financial associate(s), members of your household or your business; and
- carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about credit and account management.
The information held by these agencies may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Please write to us at 'PaybyFinance Team , Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC, 2 Apex View, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 9BH', if you want details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain, and to which we pass, information about you. You have a legal right to these details.
You have the right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you if you apply to us in writing. A fee will be payable.